After Microsoft’s success with windows 7 and its 6 different versions, microsoft released its new operating system called the windows 8. Which was later updated to windows 8.1 with minor updates and correction to the windows 8.
Windows 8.1 has a lot of good stuff and bad stuff so, In this post i will be discussing about the top 5 pros and cons of windows 8.1
Also if you are confused on which windows 8 bit to install (32 bit or 64 bit), you can read our guide that explains on how to select windows 8.1 bit according to your processor.
Top 5 pros and cons of windows 8.1
- The new windows 8.1 is equally comfortable on laptops, desktops, tablets etc. The two in one windows 8.1 operating system can be used with mouse and keyboard or with the touch interface.
- Windows 8.1 comes with built in skydrive cloud storage. Which allows users to save and store files in their skydrive account. You can automatically access to your files from any where with the device that is linked to your skysrive account.
- It has the fastest start up compared to any previous windows versions, more secure, boots and shuts down faster.
- You have access to windows market place to install apps for your windows 8.1.
- It uses power more efficiently.
- The microsoft windows 8.1 has a metro style feature, which is not suitable for office and business use.
- Less apps in market place when compared to apple App store.
- The market place in windows 8.1 is not integrated properly. If you purchase an app in windows phone and if you want the same app installed on your PC, then you need to pay for it again.
- There is no start button which the previous windows versions had.
- There is no close button for opened apps to terminate.